Sunday, December 19, 2010

a missing camera..

I am unable to locate my camera, I am hesitant to say it is lost because that sounds rather permanent.  So as of now we will say it is just missing, even though it has been "missing" for two months.  As to why I have not posted!  While my followers are few, and I am sure you are not fretting for my lack of posts, this project was really something for my own self.  A small but rather lofty goal for me.  I do greatly appreciate you, friends & family who do peek now and again- your willingness to share in the glimpses of my life means more than words can say.  So thank you.


Despite being camera-less, I decided to write.  


I want to write because it is has been far too long and I am beginning to wonder if this is how an artist would feel, whose empty canvas has been sitting in view and remains blank, a canvas that is simply waiting to come to life.  Whether or not I have the photos to prove it, beauty has unfolded around me each and everyday.  Some days I am just reluctant to see it.  


Makes me think of this quote.."It is not what you look at that matters it's what you see." Thoreau 


We can have our eyes open, viewing the place and people around us and still not be seeing.  
Portland, Maine.  Really quite a lovely place.

Highlights of the past two months include the photo above and below.

Thank God for Sisters.  There ain't nothing better.

This Thanksgiving I visited a friend in Maine.  While I missed seeing my own family for the holiday I loved experiencing it through the lens of someone else.  It is funny how when you start passing around the food & wine,  and laughter bounces off the walls, someone else's family starts to look a lot like your own.  

1 comment:

  1. So glad to read a post from you Maevey :). You have such a way with words.

    Your blog is bookmarked and I check it probably every other day! It makes me so happy to see what you are up to. Miss and love you a lot.

    ReplyDelete