Thursday, September 30, 2010

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1518,718387,00.html
I did not take this photo, it is courtesy of an interesting article I read while at work.  The article was about a word we hear often.  Hunger.  I had to take a moment and say a thank you for my food.  I am thankful for my hearty breakfast this morning...two slices of whole wheat bread, one tomato sliced, one organic free range egg & a slice of fresh connecticut sheep's milk cheese. 


Had to praise something else, a beautiful encounter with a woman named Joy...
I walked into this thrift store and was greeted by a warm Jamaican woman.  As we started talking I suppose she noticed the tired look in my eyes and said "Honey, you tired? Come on and sit down now, yeah? Here take this chair.  I have been alone all day.  Come talk to me."

So I sat down with her and asked about her life.  Being a lover of questions, I asked why she left Jamaica.  She had just shared how beautiful it was and how the markets sold fresh fruit everyday.

She got quiet, looked away for a moment, her eyes got watery & said "After they killed my son, and my husband died, I knew it was time to go."

Although, instead of going on and being upset, I broke in and told her how I was inspired by her strength.  She looked at me and said.."Honey, I don't know what you believe, but I love God and it is Him who has gotten me here, God is so good.  And we have to continue doing things to the best of our ability.  That is what my mother told me.  What ever you do, do your best and be honest always."

Praise Joy!

1 comment: