Thursday, September 16, 2010

Today was one of those really lovely days.  The days when the sun is just perfect, the sky is radiantly blue and a breeze passes so graciously as if it is giving you a gentle hug.  I walked to get a cup of coffee and passed this wall.  The facade is worn and trash looms along the edges.
But then as I continued walking, I turned my head and saw something else.







I saw this wall.  Someone had taken much time and energy to paint this beautiful mural and plant shrubs where trash could have been.
It got me thinking.
Maybe when we reach a wall, we don't have to feel the urge to tear it down.  Rather simply take this wall and turn it into something good, something like this piece of art.  And then when we walk by we don't just see the wall anymore.  We see something completely different and new, something strikingly beautiful.  Thank you artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment